Friday, August 15, 2008

Park City Engagement






It is hard to believe, but a year ago from today Josh and I got engaged! To say I was completely oblivious to what was going on would be an understatement. Obviously we were getting married because that very morning we met with a wedding planner at the Joseph Smith building, but I had no idea Josh had talked with my parents, so I wasn't expecting anything. I thought I would know when it happened because my mom tells me everything, but she was a good actor and I didn't suspect anything :) We drove up to Park City and walked along Main Street, got some ice cream and rode the trolley. Then we went on the roller coaster type thing by the Alpine Slide and then Josh suggested we go on the ski lift up to the top of the mountain. Again, I was completely unaware of anything that was going on (and meanwhile I am thinking Josh is nuts for spending like $20 a person to ride a ski lift). We get to the top of the mountain and we started walking along this path, when all of the sudden I saw this blanket set up with lots of rose petals everywhere, and I immediately turned to Josh and whispered "oh my gosh we are interrupting someone's picnic...let's get out of here!" You are probably thinking I am an idiot, and I totally was because I wasn't expecting anything. He grabbed my hand and took me over to the blanket and we sat down and starting talking and then he asked me to be with him forever! Ah, what a sweetheart :) Meanwhile, Josh's parents were in the bushes taking pictures, which I am glad of because we have the whole thing documented! We talked for a while, and then we rode down the ski lift to where both sets of our parents were waiting and then we went out to dinner. It is so weird to think that was a year ago!

12 comments:

April said...

Annie that is so cute...and so awesome that you have pictures of it! You two are such a cute couple! O and I love the hair... you look really cute! I have been considering it myself but it is so hard to not be blonde huh:)

Anonymous said...

We loved this story!! What a sweet engagement--you are a lucky little lady..

J S said...

What a stinkin cute story! I love that you thought you were interrupting someone's picnic! haha! Sweet Annie, always thinking about others lol Cute pictures, your kids will love them!

Christy said...

Annie....You think a year went by fast, just you wait! You'll be absolutely blown away with how fast the time flies especially when you are with the one you love. You guys better stop by sometime when you are passing through on your way to Draper.

The Loft said...

Crazy, a year! Seems like you guys have been married forever. Congrats. I heard you guys got TV finally, that probably deserves a bigger "congrats"

Spencer

Jake and Ashlee said...

That is so cute!!! I love that you were able to get pictures of everything. That is so great! What a great story!

hot pocket said...

Oh I love that story! It's amazing how oblivious you can be when you aren't expecting anything..so funny!

hot pocket said...

this is shaylee..under Jason's name AGAIN!

Kara J said...

What a sweet engagement! So cute! That's hilarious you thought you were barging in on someone else's picnic. You're so funny! I agree- I'm so glad we both found our prince charmings! Your husband seems like such a great guy- perfect for you! You're so lucky to have pictures of your engagement! Park City is very romantic!

me myself and Luna said...

Ann--I love the candid pictures! How awesome that they did that. Remember your most memorable shower at Lindi's?!? That still has me laughing!! The video.... the Rusty... hahahaha and then it ended so wonderfully with JOsH. :D Precious.

{amy k.} said...

Annie!! I saw your link on Shaylee's page- I think. This proposal is sooo sweet! I'm glad to see all is well, you are such a cute couple!

jEsSiCa said...

Hey! That is so cute! Good job Josh! How funny that you were so oblivious:) I was too. And I love your new hair. It's fun to change things up. Good to see new posts too! Hee, hee.