Monday, July 20, 2009

Girls Camp 2009

I was called to the Young Womens in our ward just in time for Girls Camp. I always LOVED Girls Camp when I was in Young Womens, so I was so excited to go as a leader. I will admit I was absolutely exhausted when I got home, but we have such incredible girls in our ward that it was totally worth it! My sister in law Rachel is in her last year in Young Womens, so it was such an awesome experience to be at camp with her and see how sweet she is with the younger girls. It was also fun because Josh got to come up for a day to be there in case we needed the Priesthood, so he got to do some girl stuff with us :)
The highlight was that the Young Womens General President, Sister Elaine Dalton, chose to come to our Stake Camp to talk with our girls. She is absolutely AMAZING, and her message to us was absolutely inspired! I feel so blessed to be in the Young Womens!

Some of the girls with Sister Elaine Dalton, the Young Womens General President

My adorable Sister in Law Rachel with Sister Dalton

Rachel and I at the lake

It was "Cinco de Mayo" day when Josh was up at Girls Camp with us :)

7 comments:

{amy k.} said...

That's so fun! The girls are lucky to have you as a leader! I remember our fun days of girls camp together! :) That's awesome that Sister Dalton was there- what a great experience!

The Other Wright Family said...

Awesome! Looks like you had a great time. I too am in the Young Womens and look forward to camp every year. What age group are you over? And no worries about Katie's shower she had like 4 other ones so it was probably just another one on her list :) Hope all is well Annie love ya!!

Janell R. Cropper said...

Ah, I'm so glad you had fun! YW Leader is definitely one of my "hoping for" callings. Hopefully someday I'll make it!

Anonymous said...

Ah girls camp! Those were the days!

Kara J said...

How fun! Young Women's is a blast! Looks like you're having a fantastic summer!

Em and Klint said...

yeah we really do! It looks like you guys had fun at girls camp! Call me sometime next week and we will figure out some time to get together. You are right school will definitely be different without you!

The Hansen's said...

As long as you don'g drop kick her or something. Lots of people don't like them which I don't understand but I won't judge you. These last few days have been kinda nice but mostly boring. I need to get back into a routine. Next week I will be at the school everyday so that will be nice! Good luck starting!