Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sick little Aliza


Well our precious little niece Aliza had been sick for a few weeks, so my sister took her into the doctor. After some tests, she was diagnosed with Diabetes. My brother in law is in medical school so he had a pretty good idea what was wrong before she went in, but for the rest of us it was out of the blue. She is the cutest 6 year old alive, and it breaks my heart to know she will be insulin dependent for the rest of her life. My sister is an absolute ROCK... if I had half the amount of faith, patience and endurance she has I would be in excellent shape. She is such an example to me! Her and my brother in law are in charge of counting all of the carbohydrates Aliza eats and then making sure she gets the right amount of units of insulin. It is life changing for their family, but they are so strong and amazing I know it will be alright. Liza is such a sweetie and likes practicing giving everyone shots :) We love you guys!

10 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

Hey Annie! It is amazing to see how parents are able to just adjust when their child gets something that makes them need to change their diet. My brother was 9 when he was diagnosed with Diabetes, and I know it helped my mom to really help the rest of us be more aware of what we're eating!

Addie May said...

Poor little Aliza. We found out yesterday and I was so sad for her. She's in our prayers.

{amy k.} said...

Poor little thing- that is no fun! I had to test m blood sugar for a while so I had to prick my finger but never had to do shots... I hated it- I can't imagine how a little girl must feel having to do it!!

April said...

I feel so bad! That little girl really is a sweetie! I agree with you, katie is amazing and she will be able to handle this! (and mike of course) You are the best aunt, I bet it's hard to be away!! They are in my prayers.

April said...

Oh and congrats on getting in at the U!! That is awesome!!!

jEsSiCa said...

Oh how tough! Tell sweet Katie and Mike we're thinking about them and hope all goes well:) I can't imagine having to do that for mine. She is amazing though like you said and will be so great for cute Aliza.

Darwin + Kiara said...

Thanks, Annie! I love Psych! I'm glad I finally found something that interests me enough to major in it! :) Sorry to hear about your cute little niece! I know a good pediatric endocrinologist if your sister needs to find one! The only thing is that his office is in Draper. Keep us posted on her progress!

Katie said...

Thanks for the post about Liza and your words of encouragement for us. We are hangin' in there. We are making it through one day at a time. Aliza is doing so well and adjusting. We can't wait to see you! Hope your last few weeks of school go well Love you!

Rachel said...

Hey if you guys need help moving stuff let us know! We are going to miss you!

Tori said...

Bless her little heart! That would tear me apart! She sounds like such a sweetie though and they sound so amazing! Thanks heaven for modern medicine! Love ya!